Youth Exchange – Festival of common value
“Festival of common values” was a youth exchange, Action 3.1, that was hosted and implemented by Youth 4 Society organization on 2-10 June 2014 in Tirana, Albania. The activity brought together 28 participants and 7 leaders from 7 different partners from EU and SEE countries.
Festival of Common Values” came as a project idea a group of volunteers of our NGO working with Roma youngsters, who were interested to promote equality for marginalized groups of the society. Youngsters were interested to work with other youngsters from other countries in order to find tools how to fight against discrimination and to promote common values in a society. The activity was based in non-formal education methodology and different methods as role play, discussions, work in groups, etc were used
- To explore situation of vulnerable target groups and propose solutions (disabled, LGBT, Roma people)
- To promote common values of diversity and inter-culturalism among youngsters coming from different cultures
- To foster young people to fight against discrimination, racism and xenophobia
- To promote non-formal education and Erasmus+ programme as a support tool for inter-cultural learning
- To foster young people to become active citizens through taking actions in the promotion of inclusion in our societies.
Participants received theoretical input about the topic and also practiced directly in the field. There were interviewed people in Durres city about their idea on discrimination, there were organized some outdoor workshops in Dajti mountain about understanding the situation of the marginalized groups of the society. Participants also visited the historical city of Kruja were they started the preparations for the final performance.
The final performance was organized on 8th of June in the park of Tirana. Participants were divided voluntary in four groups and they prepared activities about fighting discrimination towards: LGBT, women, disabled people and Roma community. This activity also helped the local community to understand the concept of respecting values and fighting discrimination.
Link: Photogallery Youth Exchange – Festival of common value