Action 3.1 Training Course for Human Rights Education with Children took place in Durres, Albania from 10-17 March 2011 and was implemented from Youth 4 Society organisation. The training gathered 23 participants from Programme Countries and South – East Europe and topic was dedicated to human rights education for children and promotion of Compassito- manual of human rights education for children. Aim of training was that participants improve their competencies related to human rights education with children and increase their personal and social development through different activities. In the training trainers team worked in three dimensions: giving knowledge, changing attitudes in positive way and improving skills of youth workers in human rights education for children.
Objectives of the project were:
- to develop competencies of 24 youth workers/ leaders in key concepts of human rights education with children
- to promote Compasito (manual of human rights education for children) and to familiarize the participants with its approaches and activities in order to use it and adapt in local realities
- to review and address essential knowledge, skills and attitudes for youth workers working in human rights education for children and to offer to then practical tools how to work with children on human rights education
- to promote non formal education among youth leader who are working with children
- to develop future partnership among youth leaders in activity in order to set up a pan European network of youth workers working in human rights education with children
- To promote Youth in Action programme as a tool for promoting children rights and peer to peer education
The methodology was based in non formal education approach, lot of communication based methods, activity based methods, socially focused methods and self directing methods were used.