“Peer to Peer Education for Healthy Life Style” was an YE implemented by Youth4Society organization in Pogradec Albania from 31st March to 8th of April 2014. The project gathered 36 young people coming from Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Macedonia, Kosovo, Turkey and Albania who worked during 8 days on issues related to health, health education and peer to peer education concepts. The project aimed at empowering youth leaders and youth workers with methods of peer to peer education in order to promote healthy life style in local communities. In the same time, the activity also influenced into the intercultural learning process of the participants, breaking down stereotypes and prejudices and getting to know better the other cultures.
• To explore the concept of healthy lifestyle and abstinence against alcohol, smoking and malnutrition
• To empower young people with basic skills in organizing a health promotion campaign
• To promote non-formal education and YiA programme as a support tool for health education
• To foster youth leaders to become peer educators for a healthy lifestyle
• To explore cultural support towards health through inter-cultural learning process
The main methodology used during the activity was non-formal education approach. Participants received theoretical input and in the same time developed their skills and competences through: group discussions, role plays, simulation exercises, learning in the nature activities, etc. During the last day of the activity, participants prepared a health education campaign in the city center of Pogradec promoting healthy life style also on behalf on the World Health day. Divided in 6 groups: Sexual education, healthy eating, mental health, dancing, sports, smoking and drug abuse, participants invited also local people of Pogradec to be part of the activity and live a healthy life.